- November 14 I went up to Berkeley to see Anime Destiny (Photos) at Cal
- November 6, 2004 I went to Akibiyori in Fullerton. Photos.
- October 28, 2004 I took some photos at the Halloween meeting of the UCLA Japanese Animation Club
- October 1-3, 2004 I went to part of Ani-Magic, this year in Santa Clarita instead of Lancaster. Photos
- Sept 10-13, 2004 I took a trip to San Francisco, stopping at Paso Robles on the way back for wine tasting. I visited the Japan Town in San Francisco and attended the Anime Fair while I was there. Here are my photos.
- August 15, 2004 I was at the Nisei Week Ondo (Japanese dancing) and closing ceremonies.
- August 8, 2004 I took some photos at the Nisei Week Parade
- July 27-Aug 2, 2004 I took a trip to Otakon in Baltimore
- July 22-25, 2004 I was in San Diego where I attended Comic Con. When I got back home I caught part of the Higashi Hongwanji Obon Carnival.
- July 17, 2004 I went to the Pasadena Obon Carnival and the 18th went to the Venice Obon Carnival for the first time.
- July 10-11, 2004 I visited the Oxnard Obon Carnival, and the Zenshuji Obon Carnival in Little Tokyo.
- July 2-4, 2004 I attended Anime Expo in Anaheim and took some pictures. I took a break on Saturday and went to the West Covina Obon festival.
- Memorial Day Weekend I went to the Pacific Media Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center with Calanimage Eta. I did take a few pictures and some video.
- March 14, 2004 I went to Little Tokyo to see the pageant of riders dressed as Samurai on horseback.
- The following weekend I went to the Shogatsu ceremonies at the JACCC and the JANM
- Jan 1, 2004 I went to Little Tokyo to observe the Japanese New Year (Shogatsu) celebrations at Weller Square and Little Tokyo Village.
- November 15-16, 2003 I went back to the Japan Expo. It was even smaller than last year, but the quality is improving. The theme was the anniversary of the opening of Japan by Perry.
- Oct 26, 2003 I paid a quick visit to the Japanese Festival at the Van Nuys Japanese Garden, but missed most of the performances since I rushed over to LACMA to see a Korean dance performance. You could see the smoke of the Simi Valley fire from the Sepulveda basin.
- Oct 3-7, 2003 I attended Animagic in Lancaster. I tied climbing Mt. Emma south of Palmdale, but it's still closed to protect the desert toad.
- September 14, 2003 I visited the Asian Pacific Islander Festival at the LA County Fair. I also took a tour through the History of Flight exhibit.
- August 16 and 17, 2003 I attended the last weekend of Nisei Week, including the Odori and the new Cosplay Contest.
- July 4 and 5, 2003 went to Anime Expo which has returned to Anaheim.
June 21, 2003 I spent a day at Fanime in Silicon Valley
- Feb 8, 2003 Went to see the Kashiwa-Torrance Sister Cities Cultural Night
- Jan. 1 2003 I went to the New Years festivities in Little Tokyo at Weller Court and Little Tokyo Village Mall.
- Nov 30, 2002 made it to the Japan Expo at the LA Convention Center.
- In November I went to the Descanso Gardens Japanese Festival. Also, I put together some miscellaneous photos from festivals around LA plus some random photos of Little Tokyo. The festivals included the Thai Festival from which I have a few more photos. I also made it ot the Gigantor debut.
- At the beginning of October I made a trip again to Lancaster to see
- Cosplay, Taiko, and the Tofu Festival during Nisei Week
- Comicon 2002 Got to see Ray Bradbury speak!
- Anime Expo July 4-7, 2002 They had some real organizational problems this year. After waiting in lines to get the tickets and again for the doors to open, the Music Video program was postponed till the next morning. The Dealers' Room was almost impossible to get into this year.
- Fanime 2002
- Monterey Park Cherry Blossom Festival 2002
- Family Festival at the JACCC
- May 11, 2002 I visited the Van Nuys Japanese Gardens
- March 30, 2002 I saw a koto recital of Awaya-Kai at El Camino college
- A fusion Japanese New Years 2002 (Shogatsu) celebration at the Japanese American Cultural Community Center, combining western opera, Zen, and God knows what else.
- One of the last events of 2001 was attending the Japan Expo at the Convention Center in LA. I had to brave the rain and a Staples Center game to make it there.
- Ani-Magic 2001
- I attended Anime Expo in LB July 5-8, 2001
- During the week on April 12, 2001 I was privileged to be a VIP guest at the wonderful
Lotus Steps dance recital of the UCLA
Chinese Cultural Dance Club.
- Animagic 2000.
- I've been to three 2000 obon festivals, Comicon in San Diego (also saw Henry V at the Old Globe and the Topkapi exhibit at the SD Museum of Art), and an APPA picnic.Nisei Week wraps up the Obon season in LA.
- Anime Expo 2000 Gallery
- Feb 25, 2000 I went up to Fanime 2K in Santa Clarita
and did some wine tasting in Paso Robles afterwards.
- Anime Weekend Atlanta 99 in Georgia
- Fanime 99 in San Jose
- Anime Expo 99 Only 3 photos!
- ComicCon 99 in San Diego photos of creators
- ComicCon 98
Last Update: 21 November 2004
Web Author: Doug Ikemi